Every Bride wants that moment where the world stops turning and everyone holds their breath as she is presented in the most important dress she'll ever wear.
Here at The Perfect Dress we are ready to help you find the dress of your dreams. With trained and knowledgeable consultants our goal is to make your experience shopping for that dress as exciting and as stress free as possible. By taking note of the following guidelines your shopping experience will be even more successful.
- If you can, begin your search at least 6 months before your wedding. Dresses are made to order and by hand so they take 4 to 5 months before they are ready to be shipped. If you don't have that much time then don't fret, but be prepared to find a dress quickly. If you are lucky enough to find your dream dress in stock, or ready to ship early, you have to act quickly or risk the dress being sold to another willing bride.
- Call in advance to set up an appointment. We are happy to accept walk-ins, but a bridal appointment ensures one-on-one attention for the bride and guarantees her a fitting room to try on gowns.
- Limit the amount of friends or family that come along. The more opinions you have, the harder it is to please. Everyone has a different vision of the bride and the most important vision is yours. It's your dress and your day!
- Be honest with your consultant. Their job is to help you find the dress you love without the pressure of going over budget. Decide on a price range before you come in, and make sure you feel comfortable with it. Keep in mind that when looking for an all over lace gown they typically range from $1000 to $2000.
- Be forthright with your consultant about what you like and what you don't like. They are here to listen and guide you in the right direction. Also be open to their input. They know what will flatter your body type and skin tone.
- Be open minded. It is always great to have an idea of the dress you are searching for, however, a dress cannot be judged on the hanger. Some of the most beautiful gowns need to be showcased on a body.
- Consider the time and cost for alterations. Alterations can take 1 to 3 weeks depending on the gown and alterations being done, however, seamstresses get booked sometimes months in advance. The cost will vary depending on the nature of the work needed. At The Perfect Dress we offer exclusive in house alterations, allowing the bride to customize her gown and add personal touches.
Here is a beautiful before
And the gorgeous after
- There are thousands of beautiful gowns. Your job is to find one that makes you feel incredible. If the shape is flattering, the fabric appealing, the color compliments your skin tone, and your smile cannot be contained...You have found your dress!!!
- Once the dress has been found, don't try on another wedding dress. Stop looking, embrace your decision, and move onto the next step of planning your wedding.
Above all have fun! This is an exciting moment in your life that should be treasured. The consultants at The Perfect Dress are here to make your shopping experience a memorable one.