• home
Home » » New Year's Eve, DC and Eternity

New Year's Eve, DC and Eternity


Kate Beckstrand and Ryan Williams fell in love just three short months after they started dating. They were then married on June 1, 2012 in the Bountiful Utah LDS Temple.


Kate and Ryan met while going to school at BYU. Their first date was on New Year's Eve when they danced the night away in each other's arms. Later came their first kiss. Although Kate was not expecting it, the timing could not have been better for their relationship!


Ryan proposed in Washington DC. He flew out to visit Kate while she was doing her student teaching. "We spent the day at all these romantic locations; the morning at the monuments, the evening in Old Town Alexandria." The evening came to a close and he had still not popped the question. When he took her home, in the stairwell of Kate's apartment, Ryan finally said, "I don't care where I propose I just want you to be my wife."


Kate had a hard time finding her dress. She came home from DC about a month and a half before her wedding. She was feeling stressed about finding what she wanted in such a short amount of time. She had a few ideas of what she thought she wanted. Her dress was not one of those ideas, but it fell into her plans quite perfectly.


After she found her dress, the rest of the planning fell into place. "I knew I would be in something that I loved and that gave me peace for the rest of the planning." Kate had a wonderful experience with her seamstress. "She was so kind and wanted me to have what I wanted." Kate added sleeves to her gown and it turned out incredible!



Ryan loved Kate's dress. He thought it matched her personality perfectly! All of her bridesmaids agreed. It was the perfect dress for Kate! She felt like a beautiful bride on her wedding day. "I wasn't playing dress up anymore, I was a real bride this time!"




Kate loved her ceremony and finally being able to say, "we are married!" 
Their reception was held at Woodland Park in Farmington, Utah. The perfect venue for a beautiful June day.




Kate's advice to other brides is, "You will find a dress that makes you feel like a bride. Try on lots of styles. Don't limit yourself to the ones you think you look good in. You might surprise yourself!" 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Sponsor Review