• home
Home » » Songs of Love

Songs of Love


Skyler and Jasmine met at BYU.  Skyler was fresh off his mission, just 10 days and on the football team which impressed Jasmine. After their first date where they made forts and played games they weren't sure if there were any sparks...looks like they were wrong!










After a night of hanging out with friends, Skyler took Jasmine to a field and turned on music in his car and asked her to dance. A slow song was playing and they kissed, as soon as they did sparks flew... and they've been together ever since!




Jasmine and Skyler knew they were in love after driving to California together to visit Skyler's family. The sweet moments of talking in the car made them grow closer together and fall deeply in love.



Jasmine + Skyler Love Story from Twigs and a Pearl on Vimeo.

Jasmine and Skyler were married in the Salt Lake Temple 
June 16, 2012.


Jasmine + Skyler Wedding Highlights from Twigs and a Pearl on Vimeo.


Skyler took Jasmine to a park in Provo Canyon that overlooks the valley. At the park, they went for a walk, and stopped under a tree.  Then the tree lit up and Skyler's friends came out singing 'It Girl.' They heard cheers from the bottom of the hill and then saw their friends and family rushing towards them. Skyler dropped to his knee and proposed, and Jasmine said YES!








When Jasmine started shopping for her wedding gown, she thought she wanted something very simple and classic like a high-waisted ball gown with a boat neck. "Sky and I had talked about it...and that is what he said he liked too."  When she came to The Perfect Dress she fell in love with two very different gowns. "One dress was the one I had planned on from the beginning, and the other one was the lace one I ended up picking.  I was leaning towards the simple ball gown, just because I knew that is what my fiance liked.  But I myself liked the lace one!  Bless my bridal consultant...she was so patient and I just COULD NOT decide.  I was literally in there for hours...All of the girls working there were so willing to give their personal opinion without being overbearing...allowing me to really have the final say. FINALLY I decided to be true to my heart and and pick the one that I loved, not what I thought others would like."


 




Jasmine felt like the lace dress was more fitting for a back yard reception, so that's where they had it, right in her parent's back yard.






























Skyler loved Jasmine's dress! He thought it was the prettiest dress in the world and couldn't take his eyes off of her. Jasmine was so pleased with her alterations, and loved every part of her dress!






Jasmine loved the dance party they had at the reception... 








...and will never forget when Skyler and his groomsmen sang 'Grow Old With You', to her! 




On her wedding day Jasmine felt "So great. I really felt like I had made the right choice and that it was the perfect dress for me personally. I got many compliments at the temple from people I didn't know, despite the fact that there were 10 other brides there at the same time. I felt like I was able to stick out amongst the crowd in my dress!"







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Sponsor Review